Happy to be among those who have been invited to speak at the eclectic Clubhouse in Manhattan.
I will be at the Clubhouse on Thursday, May 9, at 7 p.m.
My learned colleagues include:
- Ira Berkow, Summers at Shea: Tom Seaver Loses His Overcoat and Other Mets Stories, Thursday, March 14
- Matthew Silverman, Swinging ’73: Baseball’s Wildest Season, Thursday, April 4
- Jim Kaplan, The Greatest Game Ever Pitched: Juan Marichal, Warren Spahn, and the Pitching Duel of the Century, Thursday, April 11
- John Rosengren and Aviva Kempner, Hank Greenberg: The Hero of Heroes and The Life and Times of Hank Greenberg, respectively, Thursday, April 25
- Phil Pepe, Core Four: The Heart and Soul of the Yankees Dynasty, Wednesday, May 1
- Doug Wilson, The Bird: The Life and Legacy of Mark Fidrych, Thursday, May 16
- Peter Ephross, Jewish Major Leaguers in Their Own Words: Oral Histories of 23 Players, Thursday, June 6
- Kevin Neary, Closer: Major League Players Reveal the Inside Pitch on Saving the Game, Wednesday, June 19
- Greg Prince, The Happiest Recap: First Base (1962-1973): 50 Years of the New York Mets As Told in 500 Amazin’ Wins (Volume 1), Wednesday, June 26
All times are 7 p.m.
In addition, The Clubhouse will host a Spring Art Party featuring “The Baseball Paintings of Lou Grant,” which I will assume is not Mary Tyler Moore’s boss.
For more information, visit Bergino.com or call 212-226-7150.