Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, it’s certainly an interesting (“based on a true“) story.
On the other hand, it seems to borrow from so many baseball/sports films that we’ve already seen.
- A struggling sports agent? Jerry McGuire, The Scout.
- Who has an epiphany while witnessing something out of the ordinary? Jerry McGuire, The Scout.
- An old-timer who has baseball in his bones and can inherently tell things about a player? Trouble With the Curve.
- Even though others scoff at his “discovery” and constantly bitch about how “it can’t be/never has been done before”? The Rookie, Trouble with the Curve, Jerry McGuire, Rookie of the Year, Little Big League.
- A fish-out-of-water, against-all-odds-story? The Rookie, The Comrades of Spring, Sugar.
Who am I kidding, of course I’ll see this…